“Our visitors are at the heart of our conservation efforts and… we are glad to be able to reward them for their continued support throughout the years and more especially through this period of the COVID-19 pandemic.”Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA)
We all know that the tourism sector has been among the hardest hit by Covid-19 pandemic and ensuing lockdowns. As people stayed at home, tourist destinations closed their doors and lost an entire season.
In Uganda, where tourism and conservation go hand in hand, the Wildlife Authority is determined to make up for lost time before the drop in visitor numbers impacts on the country’s conservation efforts.
So, as the world begins to open up again and people start to think about travelling, the UWA have put in place a series of discounts across its nature reserves in to encourage visitors to make the trip to this beautiful country.
The following discounts came into effect on 1st December 2020 and will run until 30th June 2021
There is a 50% discount on entrance fees for the following parks and reserves:
- Lake Mburo NP
- Queen Elizabeth NP
- Kidepo Valley NP
- Murchison Falls NP
- Semuliki NP
- Toro Semuliki Wildlife Reserve
- Katonga Wildlife Reserve
- Kabwoya Wildlife Reserve
- Pian Upe Wildlife Reserve.
In addition to the half price entrance fees there is also a range of discounts available for Gorilla and Chimp tracking, making one of the country’s most exciting wildlife experiences even more affordable:
- East African Community citizen gorilla tracking permits reduced from UGX250,000 to UGX150,000
- Foreign Resident gorilla tracking permits reduced from USD600 to USD 300
- Foreign Non Resident gorilla tracking permits reduced from USD700 to USD 400
- East African Community resident chimpanzee tracking permits reduced from UGX150,000 to UGX100,000
- Foreign Resident chimpanzee tracking permits reduced from USD150 to USD100
- Foreign Non-Resident chimpanzee tracking permits reduced from USD200 to USD150
Further information on the incentives can be found on the UWA website here: https://www.ugandawildlife.org/tourism-incentive-2020